Diving with a local Ama diver in Wagu with Seafood BBQ
Dive in water together with an Ama free-diving woman and witness how she catches shellfish or seaweeds from the rocky bottom.
After diving, you will take a rest at Ama Hut and hear her real stories with fresh seafood BBQ lunch! You will touch the very unique cultural tradition of 3000 years history!
ELLISTA – guide to local life -
IST – DMC based in Mie, Japan –
Over 2000 years history, Japan has one of the greatest unique culture, custom and nature.
Ise Shima is one of the few regions where we can still find these traditional values, "authentic Japanese touch".
That's why this area is called "the spiritual home for the Japanese".
As a DMC(Destination Management Company) , IST would like to propose a journey to feel the Japan's irreplaceable values which has been kept long in "Ise Shima".
We hope more international visitors can have a chance to experience the beauty of Ise Shima.
- Watch how an Ama diver catch shellfish or seaweed in the water by hands without any diving tank.
- Listen tales of the sea handed down through the generations from older to younger Ama.
- Taste the very fresh shellfish served by the real Ama.
||Pearl Gourmet inn Takesho
||Meeting with Ama at Ama Hut
||Ama Diving Experience (1h)
||Shower at Takesho
||Lunch at Ama Hut
Enjoy fresh local seafood BBQ served by the Ama and listen tales of the sea.
||End of the tour
Upon your request
||01(Sat), 08(Sat), 15(Sat)
||10(Thur), 12(Sat), 13(Sun), 14(Mon), 15(Tue), 16(Wed), 17(Thur), 19(Sat), 22(Tue), 26(Sat), 29(Tue)
||02(Sat), 09(Sat), 16(Sat), 23(Sat), 30(Sat)
||07(Sat), 14(Sat), 21(Sat), 28(Sat)
Upon your request
- Transfer from/to Wagu-ura port if needed
- English-speaking staff
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Maximum number of participants: Depending on the day.
- Participants must be 13 years of age and above, who are healthy physically and mentally.
Pregnant individuals may not participate in this activity.
All participants must complete a participation agreemen.
- In case the tour will not be provided due to weather or in the event that bookings do not reach the minimum number of participants,
any deposit that has been made by the client if applicable will be refunded.
- Please bring your swimming suits and water shoes.
A few rental items including swimming suits, water shoes and snorkel mask are available.
For the detail, please contact us in advance.
- At Takesho, there is a free parking for a private car. (Please drive carefully with the narrow road to Takesho)
- If you have any allergies or any restriction, please let us know.
- The activity schedule is subject to change or cancellation due to weather or traffic conditions.
- 3-6 days prior to the tour date receive 50 % refund of payment
- 2 or less days prior to the tour date receive no refund